Bryan Battina typically represents landlords in lease drafting and review, eviction actions, damage claims and defense of habitability, retaliation and discrimination claims. Mr. Battina is also a licensed Minnesota real estate broker.
Minnesota law details the legal rights and responsibilities of both landlords and tenants. In particular, Minnesota offers a variety of protections to tenants, including provisions regarding:
- The collection and return of a security deposit
- The landlord’s responsibility to keep the unit fit for habitation
- The landlord’s duty to notify a tenant before entering the unit
- Procedure when either party ends or renews the lease
- Prohibitions on landlord discrimination or retaliation against tenants
The following provides a brief overview of Minnesota’s tenants’ rights laws.
|Statutes||Minnesota Statutes Chapter 504B|
|Ending or Renewing a Tenancy||